Tuesday 15 August 2017

Weekly Trailers

Weekly Trailer Compendium






Death Wish PosterWhat the hell has Eli Roth done to Death Wish?  I must admit I was only thinking a couple of months ago that the Michael Winner and Charles Bronson revenge flick could do with an update.  Though I have to admit I was thinking in the vein of "I Spit On Your Grave" remakes and not Die Hard goes walkabout.  Another worry is the quality of the acting.  The only scene in the trailer where Elizabeth Shue speaks is pretty dire as are the scenes with the daughter.  Even good old Bruce is in good old Bruce mode.  He even seems to be enjoying killing the bad guys.  The best thing about the original is the fact that Paul (Bronson) is never happy to kill the bad guys because he knows, "There are too many assholes and not too few bullets."  Plus he a is constantly in despair over the rapes and murder of his wife and daughter.  That's the reason why the "I Spit On Your Grave" remakes work - they're earthier and more realistic.  It would have been a direction for Roth to take and it might have been good to stretch Mr Willis' acting skills for a change.  That said I will give it a watch, though it'll probably be when it airs on the telly.






The Hitman's Bodyguard PosterWell, at least the editor of the trailer for The Hitman's Bodyguard tried something new... except the backing track on the promo just doesn't work and because of this I really don't want to watch this film.  Ain't I fickle?  It's nice to see Salma Hayek back in action though the action in the trailer doesn't give away much of the plot of the film.  I hope they cut another because based on this I won't be rushing to watch the film.











Mother! PosterThough the trailer for Mother! is short is packs enough of a wallop to gain my interest.  Can't wait to see the longer trailer and see how good this film may be... 














Keep Watching PosterVoltage Pictures are not known for great films and Keep Watching is definitely not great.  However,  the trailer does appear to be for a possible dark thriller slasher flick.  These types of movies have been done to death and it appears to be getting more and more difficult to keep the genre fresh.  This flick has elements that have been used in other movies and I must admit to a groan when I saw the Red Balloons... can you guess that IT is coming and people are wanting to cash in on some of the iconic components,  I could very well give this a view on a Fright Night Friday in the future.









Goodbye Christopher Robin PosterI must be growing into a sad old man because Goodbye Christopher Robin is the best trailer in this compendium.  It looks beautiful and expertly shot.  It had me melancholic for past memories.  This is one film I would gladly pay to see on the big screen as not only is it luxuriously filmed but the story seems both thought-provoking and heartwarming.  The acting appears to be of the best calibre also.  Even the little kid playing the title role of Christopher Robin holds his own against the adult actors.  Except for Margot Robbie, the rest of the cast are not so well known, this is a bonus for me because it's always nice to see new actors as they tend to breathe new life into the industry.








Call Me by Your Name PosterThe Call Me By Your Name trailer does nothing for me.  There are blurbs throughout that extoll the merits of the movie though the trailer shows none of them.  For example "Ravishing Filmmaking and Piercing Wisdom" neither of which are evident here.  The film appears to be a slow romance between two men finding their love for one another.  I'm not a great fan of romance unless it's tinged with comedy and/or great drama, once again the trailer gives the appearance that these are also lacking from the film.  I think I'll give this a miss.





No comments:

Post a Comment