Tuesday 15 August 2017

Weekly Trailers

Weekly Trailer Compendium





Kingsman: The Golden Circle PosterBrains, Skills...  ...Skipping Rope!  What more can you ask for in a kick-ass movie.  Well in the new trailer for Kingsman:  The Golden Circle you have more top notch acting talent with the original cast members being joined by Halle Berry, Channing Tatum, Jeff Bridges, and an evil Julianne Moore - the only drawback I can see in the cast is Elton John... Elton John!!!  I cannot wait for this film as I loved the first though I have my doubts about it being as good as or better than it.  The trailers have me thinking it may be less than the original.










Mother! PosterLast week I wished for the longer trailer of Mother!  This week I got it and I am smiling like the Cheshire cat.  This is one confounding, mysterious, and dark trailer which gives the viewer nothing in the context to the storyline.  This looks like a beautifully shot dark fantasy come horror film from writer and director Darran Aronofsky.  It's nice to see Michelle Pfieffer and Ed Harris back on our screens, though Ed is looking a little ill.  As a lover of all things dark, I look forward to watching this movie.










The Death of Stalin Poster"I took Germany, I think I can take a flesh lump in a waistcoat!"  I really believe that I should like The Death Of Stalin... however, this trailer isn't that good.  Yes, there are a couple of funny moments and it's full of some of my favourite actors but there are flatter and less humorous moments shown, where the comedy doesn't work.  Though, when the scenes are shown in their entirety the comedy may become more evident,  Another thing that I found pretty annoying is the number of differing accents on offer from around the globe - everywhere except Russia that is.  This may be the director's decision thinking that it added t the comedic value.  If this was the case then Armando Iannucci was mistaken.  Not a film to watch on the silver screen, I'll wait for the BluRay.








The LEGO Ninjago Movie PosterI have to admit I am a Jackie Chan addict and fan.  There isn't a movie of his that I haven't loved.  Though I am more of a fan of his funnier side.  The promo he's done for the Lego Ninjago Movie has pretty much won me over.  I hated the Lego Movie and will wait for the BluRay of Batman Lego but now I am of two minds over Ninjago.  If it's good enough for Jackie then it's good enough for me...  It's also nice to see how much effort and skill has gone into the movie.











Duck Duck Goose PosterBack in the days when CGI animated movies were breaking the mould with their originality and crisp and sharp images the story lines were original and fresh.  Now with the arrival of Duck Duck Goose comes a film which looks to cure insomnia.  There is not one original shot in the entire trailer and nor is there one funny scene or line.  Being of the computer generation and witnessing the birth of Luxo Jr in 1986 and other groundbreaking shorts I look forward to the next CGI animation.  Though things have started to get bleak of late... pretty much starting with the very unfunny Rango.  Unfortunately, this trailer puts this film in that clique.  I feel I could quite easily miss this film.  Though I can see plenty of kids loving it... just not the big kids...








Wonder Poster
I wonder if there's actually a need for a movie like Wonder(?)  Don't get me wrong, there is a need to educate our children away from bullying.  However, to show the cause of the bullying as a child with a facial deformity is somewhat old-school and was done brilliantly by Cher and Ron Perlman in Mask (well worth a watch) as it's darker and more realistic.  This appears to pull the punches and is more heartwarming than inciteful.  Also in this age, most bullies have gone cyber and launch attacks the psyche of their victims.  You also don't need to be that much different for the bully to tear you apart, the slightest thing can start them attacking you.  I think that if you're going to address an issue then you address that issue totally - all the good and all the bad.  You want your children to learn then teach them.  Some things shouldn't be sugar coated.  Not the film for me.






Our Souls at Night Poster

In Netflix's promo for Our Souls In The Night, I just have to ask, "What the f*#k is up with Robert Redford's character?"  Come on, man!  It's Jane Fonda,  Even I have to say the lady is wearing well and I would be all over her like white on rice.  Dude you're old, there's not much time left... and you have a flatbed truck... It's time to wear your 50 shades suit grandad...










No comments:

Post a Comment